29 February 2012

Army Physical Readiness Training Videos


There are a few resources available to help Soldiers and NCOs learn the new Army Physical Readiness Training. However, if you like to learn by doing, the people who wrote Training Circular 3-22.20 are releasing videos on YouTube. I have compiled an Army PRT Video Playlist in the order dictated by the TC.

How do I know this? Because I called the number on their Facebook page TC 3-22.20, U.S. Army Physical Fitness School (USAPFS). These are the guys who wrote the TC and were nice enough to answer my questions.

I flip on the playlist and do PT by myself and just ignore the "At Ease" after every exercise. The helpful GS 14 said that was in there for Initial Entry Training users. On run days I skip over CD 1 and 2 and pick up with the recovery drill when I get home.

There are other resources out there such as ArmyPRT, however, "We did not write the TC, we did not design the PRT program and we did not design the iPhone app."